Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management (UdG)
The Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management has 2 concentrations:
- International Hotel Management.
- Gastronomy, Restaurants and Events Management.
Duration: 4 years
Teaching Language: Spanish and English
Schedules: complete Schedule that combines theory with practice in the Hotel-School.
- Request information about the required study program.
- Coordinate and have a personal interview with one of the members of our Board of Directors.
- Request the admission form.
- Pay the enrolment fee.
- Hand in the admission form completed along with all the information requested.
- All documents must be current originals and certified by the pertinent bodies.
- Make an official free pre-enrolment established by the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- The Admissions Department will inform all the requirements needed for the access the Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management and give advice on all the procedures for enrolment.
Primer curs prova *.table
|1r semestre||3153G01089||Dimensió econòmica del mercat turístic||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|1r semestre||3153G01090||Dimensió sociocultural del turisme||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|1r semestre||3153G01091||Dimensió territorial del turisme||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|1r semestre||3153G01092||Dimensió jurídica del turisme||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|2n semestre||3153G01093||Tècniques quantitatives i qualitatives d'anàlisi turístic||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|2n semestre||3153G01094||Tècniques informàtiques i comunicatives||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|Anual||3153G01095||Anglès B-2||6 ECTS||Formació bàsica|
|Operacions d'allotjament i restauració - 18 ECTS|
|Anual||3153G01096||Introducció al turisme i hostaleria||6 ECTS||Obligatori|
|2n semestre||3153G01097||Operacions de Food & Beverage||6 ECTS||Obligatori|
|2n semestre||3153G01098||Operacions de Front & Back Office||6 ECTS||Obligatori|
The study plan includes theoreticalclasses, practical classes and professional visits to hotels, restaurants, wine cellars, research centers, etc. Also, the students can attend the summer courses and request scholarships as Erasmus programme.
- Introduction to tourism and hospitality.
- Economic dimension of the tourism market.
- Sociocultural dimension of tourism.
- Territorial dimension of tourism.
- Computer and communication techniques
- English B2
- Food & Beverage operations
- Front & Back Office operations
- Financial accountancy.
- Company organization and management.
- English C1
- 2nd language B1
- Food & Beverage process management
- Gastronomic culture
- Food technology
- Destination management
- Distribution systems and agency agreement in the hospitality industries and tourism
- Food & Beverage management.
- Rooms division management.
- Purchasing and procurement management.
- Revenue & Yield Management
- Human Resources management
- Finance management
- 2nd tourism professional language
- Tourism professional English
- Industry intership
- Strategic management
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Hospitality public relations and communication
- Optional-Free electives (6 ECTS)
- Mention optional-Concentration Electives (18 ECTS)
- Hospitality professional English
- Bachelor Degree thesis
- Credit recognition-Free electives.
- International Hospitality Management: Hotel manager, Hotel consultant, Department Management, Corporate Services Management, Hotel Entrepreneur, Hotel management.
- Restaurants and Events Management: Restaurant Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Manager of Events Companies, Manager of Catering Companies, Restaurant Entrepreneur.
- Gastronomy and Cuisine Management:Gastronomy Consultant, Executive Chef, Gastronomy Entrepreneur.
EUHT StPOL has a study Help Fund for studies in its school. The aim of this fund is to facilitate the access to the educational programs to those candidates that, due to economic reasons, have difficulties to enroll. They are granted in a percentage basis of the total basic or academic cost of the course up to a 50% with basis in the academic record and the economic power of the candidate and of those who finance his studies.
Beneficiaries of Grup Serhs scholarship:
The maximum amount of the aid together with the Serhs scholarship shall not be more than the 50% of the academic basic amount.
Non Beneficiaries of Grup Serhs scholarship:
The maximum amount to be received is the 50% of the academic basic amount
Some public agencies offer other aids:
There is an agreement with different financing agencies to obtain a special financing for the students of EUHT StPOL:
The ERASMUS scholarship or program is the acronym of the official name given to it in English: European Region Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students, or what is the same the “Action Plan of the European Community for the Mobility of University Students”
The Erasmus scholarship is therefore an economic aid given to university students and teachers of the European Union to study in the countries attached to the plan (different from the country of the applicant).
The Erasmus scholarship, applicable to the Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management, gives us an important personal value, but also a social value as it is recognized as a relevant element in nurturing cohesion and knowledge of the European Union amongst the young. Bonds of friendship are therefore created that cross borders and raise European citizenship awareness.
All of this human experience also opens the doors to the European job market. The condition of living in a different country obliges students to know and/or improve a new language, which is key for a future job in the hospitality sector. Also, the bonds of friendship formed during these months when students live with other young people of a different nationality but similar to them, with the same concerns and objectives, can be the first step towards new business and work projects.
The ERASMUS scholarships were awarded with the Príncipe de Asturias de Cooperación Internacional Prize in 2004, as one of the most important programs of cultural exchange in the history of humanity, as an element of integrating knowledge between peoples. For these reasons, EUHT StPOL decided to carry out this initiative along with the universities of the European Union.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management by Universitat de Girona
- ALVAREZ VALDES, JESUS
- ANTIGA COMAS, CAROLINA
- ARNALOT I SERRA, RAMON
- BANCELLS BROSSA, JAUME
- BANEGAS LOPEZ, RAMON AGUSTIN
- BARRI SEGON, JORDI
- BARRIOCANAL LOZANO, CARLOS ALFREDO, Doctor
- BROUWER, IRIS
- CANALETA SAFONT, MARIA EVA
- CODO PLA, LUIS
- CONDE BERDOS, MARIA JOSE
- DE MAYO PEÑA, ERNESTO ANTONIO
- DODD, DIANE, Doctora
- DOMINGO RIERA, MARIA ROSA
- DULSAT RODRIGUEZ, JAUME
- GAUNTLETT, DEBORAH ANNE
- GOMEZ LOPEZ, FERNANDO
- GOMEZ MARGIOTTA, FERNANDO
- HARO VILA, JUAN
- HUERTAS, CHRISTINE
- LLOBET MONCLUS, ANA
- MICHELENA UGALDEBERE, ANGEL MARIA
- MOLINA VILLAR, JUAN JOSE
- MONTOLIU I PASTOR, ANTONI
- NAFA DE VARESE, MARY MABEL
- OLLER NOGUES, JORGE
- PUERMA RODRIGUEZ, EVA MARIA, Doctora
- RESINGER, HILDEGARD
- SALA CASTELLS, JOSEP
- SALA FONT, JORGE
- SAN EUGENIO VELA, JORDI DE, Doctor
- SCHUBERT, ULRICH
- SELLAS GÜELL, ANTONI
- VENTOLA MALLART, LOURDES
- VILA FERNANDEZ-SANTACRUZ, ANTONIO
- VIVES GARCIA, MIQUEL
- WOOD, ELEANOR MARGARET