Once again, the Hotel-School of Sant Pol de Mar has organized the Young Cocktail Competition of Catalonia, whose protagonists are contestants students aged less than twenty five from hospitality schools of Catalonia.
This year, coinciding with the celebration of the 50th center’s anniversary, the number of contestants increased considerably: 24 students participated in the competition.
The finalists firstly have made a test of cocktails knowledge and then have elaborated their cocktail in front of the Skill and Dexterity Jury.
The Jury, organized by the Skill and Dexterity Jury and the Tasting Jury (located in an annexed room), have valuated the knowledge, the skills, the management of the tools and the elaboration techniques, as the flavor, aroma and visual value of the cocktails.
Members of the Jury:
Mr. Josep M. Gotarda Jr. – President of the Skill and Dexterity Jury
Mr. Manel Tirvio – President of the Tasting Jury
Mrs. Natalia Roig – Vice-President of Gerona – Catalan Association Sommeliers.
Mrs. Nan Ferreres – Director EHT-CETT.
Mrs. Núria Montmany – Jesuïtes Sarrià Sant Ignasi.
Mr. Iñaki Gorostiaga – General Director ESHOB.
Mr. Ramon Serra – President of H-E StPOL.
The workshop took place during the morning and ended with the trophies delivery:
– Trophy Group SERHS: to the best cocktail explanation: “Empiros”, from Bernat Barrafon of Jesuïtes Sarrià Sant Ignasi.
– Trophy Josep Maria Gotarda: to the skills and abilities: “MAC 1824”, from Lisa Bigas of the Hospitality and Tourism School of Girona.
– Trophy Catalan Association of Sommeliers, with the major punctuation from the Tasting Jury: “Rock Sour”, of Xema Sánchez of the Hospitality and Tourism School of Girona.
– Trophy “Special Club oh the Barman” to the second best classified: “Like a Beer”, of Albert Ribas from the Hospitality College of Barcelona.
– Trophy “Manuel Villalante”, to the best global punctuation: “Pòquer d’Asos”, of Quico Palou from the Joviat School.