19th January is the date for the 29th edition of the youth cocktail contest of Catalonia, like every year the contest will take place at our school, EUHT StPOL.
This contest is open to all participants under 25 years and like in all the editions has very high participation rates between all the local F&B schools:
– CETT (Centre d’Estudis d’Hosteleria I Turisme) is participating with Caoba
– ESHOB (Escola Superior d’Hosteleria de Barcelona) is participating with Venus
– Escola d’Hosteleria de Castelldefels is participating with Flash
– INS Escola d’Hosteleria de Barcelona is participating with Amanecer Guajiro
– Escola Superior d’Hosteleria i Turisme Sant Ignasi is participating with Long Way.
And our representative in the competition for this year is going to be Martin Martinez, with his cocktail Vermell Dolç.
The 5 main prizes are the followings:
- “Manuel Villalante” prize – for the participant with the best overall punctuation.
- “Club del Barman” special prize – for the second best qualified.
- “Grup SEHRS” special prize for the best “merchandised” cocktail.
- “Associació Catalana de Sommeliers” special prize for the cocktail with the best taste rating.
- “Josep Maria Gotarda” special prize for skills.