SPECIALIZATION COURSES IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (English)
Certificate in Food & Beverage Operations (English)
Dates 12/09/2017 – 06/10/2017.
The Certificate in Food & Beverage Operations is comprised by 4 weeks hands-on program at the school’s hotel.
The Certificate in Food & Beverage Operations is the initial part of the Master in Hospitality Management (English).
This module, called Professional Induction, includes a 4 week period which the student will learn the operations in Food & Beverage and Restaurant Management.
It is ideal for career changers who wish to move into hospitality.
- Duration: 4 weeks, from September 12th to October 7th, 2016.
- Language: The classes will be given in English.
- Schedule: From Monday to Friday from 09:00h to 17:00h.
Certificate in Food & Beverage Operations, 134 hours
- Food & Beverage Service Operations, 55 hours
- Restaurant service operations
- Food & Beverage service operations for hotels
- Room Service management
- Traditional management of room dining services
- Suppliers and equipment
- Banquets and catered events
- Bar management and service
- Food Preparations Operations, 55 hours
- Departmental organization in the traditional kitchen
- Preparing for food production
- Food production
- Purchasing Department management
- Health and safety
- Introductory wine course, 12 hours
- Fundamentals of wine
- Geographic study of wines
- Wine tasting and food pairing
- Communication and Public Speaking, 12 hours
- Communication strategies
- Communication tools
- Public speaking
- Engaging with your audience
- Body language
Completion of the module entitles students to the Specialized Diploma in Food & Beverage Operations by the University College of Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts Sant Pol de Mar.
To study the Specialization Courses, it is necessary to follow the admission and enrolment process:
- Make the request of the course by means of the website form.
- Submit to the Admissions Department your Curriculum Vitae, stating your previous experience in gastronomy.
- If considered necessary, you can have an Admission interview with the Academic Director.
- Complete the Admission and Enrolment Form.